Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas Gift Wrapping

It's my favorite time of year!! One of my favorite parts of the holiday season has always been wrapping the presents. For years it has been my job to wrap the gifts for my family members (thankfully mom still wraps mine). This year I decided to get a little crafty, while also keeping it relatively simple and cute. 

To start with, I used some very pretty shimmer wrapping paper. Every year mom buys between 1-3 big bulk rolls that 95% of the presents end up being wrapped in. Last year's reversible roll had so much paper she only bought the one roll (it was more than what we needed surprisingly). It featured a blue background with penguins dressed in mittens, ear muffs, scarves, hats, and winter coats on one side, and a pretty red and silver design on the back. 



This year's two rolls of wrapping paper are featured in the pictures below.


This first gift is so simple and yet looks really quite pretty. I just used some simple, yet pretty, shimmery wrapping paper on a rectangular box, and then used very thin, 1/4" thick red shimmer ribbon. I tied the ribbon as I would for any gift, wrapping around the front, twisting in the back, and then fastening it in a small knot on the front. However, I left a fair amount of excess ribbon to use for curls. I repeated this 2 additional times, varying where the ribbons were positioned to give this cute, 3 ribboned look. 


To curl my ribbons, I used the age old technique my mom taught me back in primary school. Just take a pair of scissors (I use safety scissors to avoid cuts) and you run the blade along the ribbon from the knot to the end, creating cute, tight curls. 

For this next gift, I got a little more creative. I used the same multiple ribbon technique as I did above, but I changed it up a little and only did 2 ribbons. Thanks to a great Pinterest find, I was able to create this adorable tissue paper topper. I chose to add the cute yarn flower, which I found in my wrapping station, to the center.

To create the tissue topper, I followed the simple, easy to follow, picture instructions on this blog:

These instructions are super easy to follow and will have you making your own fabulous tissue toppers in no time. 
Instead of using a hole punch on the tissues, I used the point of my scissors. I also threaded the tied yarn end of my yarn flower through the holes of the tissues to hold it all together and to keep the yarn in place.


This one couldn't be similar. I actually just used "tissue paper" to wrap this gift. Just about every store during the holidays is selling those big packs of a variety of tissue papers that each include about 4 of each type. My mom picked one up the other day and they are very inexpensive. They usually will include a few metallic papers as well. I chose this cute peppermint candy metallic tissue paper to wrap this tiny little gift. (By the way, look how absolutely adorable that gift box is). 


Wrapping a gift with tissue paper is exactly the same as wrapping a gift with wrapping paper, however I recommend only using the metallic, thicker "tissue" paper, rather than the actual tissue paper, due to the amount of breakage you'll have with the real stuff. 
I really liked how the edges and such turned out with this, since it isn't as thick as wrapping paper.


To finish this off, I added a cute silver ribbon, which I wrapped in an untraditional corner wrap, wrap around one corner and then around the corner opposite it, and then topped one corner with a silver shimmer bow. 


Love how this one turned out :)


Sometimes the nicest looking gifts are the simplest. For example, all I did to this lovely brown box was add a nice blue and white ribbon. I think it looks simple and lovely.



And of course, here are some regular, traditionally wrapped gifts :) 

Merry Christmas! 

1 comment:

  1. This is a really informative knowledge, Thanks for posting this informative Information. Edible Arrangements Oakville

    ReplyDelete